One Wild & Precious Life

Gosh it has been a while since this little piece of the Internet was updated. Life has been crazy. And summer has been crazy. But in a sense, it has been the biggest blessing I could ask for.

Over the past few months I have found myself so engrossed in life. I've found myself genuinely enjoying each day and embracing all of the opportunities life has to offer. But honestly, the biggest part of these past few months is that 9 out of 10 times when I look in the mirror, I see my sister. Yep, you read that right. Alex has found a place in me, and it's nothing I ever expected or planned on happening.

If you would've asked me 6 months ago, I wouldn't tell you that I saw much of Alex in me. She took risks and seeked adventure and I liked organized plans and predictable days. She was spontaneous and outgoing and I always wished I was a bit more like that. But this summer I wanted to have some adventure, and I wanted to feel Alex again. I did. And I still am.

My family went to Europe about a month ago and It was truly the adventure of all adventures. I so wish Alex could have been there, but going with my parents and my wonderful friend Amanda was absolutely amazing. I missed Alex, but I definitely feel like I've come to a part of my life where my grieving seasons have changed and Alex is thought of in a much lighter note. I miss her daily, but I can talk about her so easily and without grief at any given time. It's a new season, and I love it.
Standing at the top of Mt. Pilatus in Lucerne, Switzerland

Adventuring through Europe was something Alex always dreamed of doing and I was so pleased to be able to live that dream out for her. And upon returning from Europe I didn't want to stop feeling that feeling of living for Alex. Adventures and new things have become my favorite ways to spend the day because I know that's what Alex would love. I can feel her in me and imagine her laughing at me and cheering me on. I think she would be proud. And that little thought is enough to keep me going.

So the past few months have been filled with adventure. I have entered a new season and I can smile each day knowing Alex would be so, so supportive of me. She's taught me that there is no use in worrying too much or playing life too safe. Go on adventures. Be a little spontaneous. Take some chances. Life's too short to wait for tomorrow. Live for all of those that can't live any more. 
Florence, Italy
"So tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Saying I'm Busy

Put it Down

3 Years + Holidays